I’m 31 and I’ve never been to a festival! Until now!
This was no Glastonbury or T in the Park, this was Love Trails Festival – the perfect combination of trail running and adventure, enjoying the outdoors and exploring new areas of beauty, and joining old and new friends for an action packed weekend!
Here are my highlights
- Embracing the cold sea and jumping (tentatively) into the waves after a hot 10km on the Run to Wild Swim, less so the soggy 10km back in wet shorts and sand in my shoes
- Letting go at a 7am Secret Sunrise session, a complete surprise when we had expected yoga and arrived to a silent disco style aerobics class
- Listening to Holy Moly & the Crackers on the live stage with a Welsh cider in hand
- Learning all about trail running photography with duo Jack and Max
- Catching up with friends from London running communities Wild Trail Runners and Never Stop London, and making new friends and sharing stories on every trail run and class I joined
- Watching the hilarity of the Beer Mile unfold, with particular highlights including the struggle of the solo mile, a whole four laps pushing a buggy and learning that there was a team that had traveled from South Korea for the festival
- Enjoying South Indian thali for dinner as the sun set, the vegan food options were incredible and I was really impressed that this has been embraced
- My tent mates Lauren and Laura, and new friend and travel companion Heather, all of whom I bonded with on this trip and learnt so much from
and in photos…
A huge thank you to the organisers, run leaders, speakers, volunteers and all the runners that made this weekend so special! For my first festival, you set the bar high!